Author: DR Jeffrey J Hunt
We hope you maintained your health during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We would like everyone to know that we are open for normal business hours. We are screening patients upon arrival. You will be asked to use hand santizer, and wear a mask during your appointment.
During the current healthcare crisis, the office of Dr. Jeff Hunt will remain open providing complete Naturopathic Services.
Please note: to protect the health of our worker we are asking you to access the office via our disability ramp on the side of the building.
The Ministry of Health has
designated some health services, including Naturopathic Physicians, as an
According to the Ministry of Health webpage on COVID-19 essential services,
“essential services should and are encouraged to remain open. They must,
however, follow the orders and guidance provided by the PHO to ensure safe
operations and reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19.”
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement (BHRT) refers to the therapeutic use of hormones that are identical in every way to the hormones produced naturally in the body. Diagnostic testing may include salivary and or blood tests.
The results may reveal hormone imbalances that are then addressed with the use of BHRT. Bioidentical hormones are derived from plant sources not animal derivatives. Bioidentical hormones usually prescribed are estradiol, estriol, progesterone, testosterone, cortisol and DHEA. Most hormones are delivered to the body in a cream form, which can be rubbed into the skin. This transdermal application of hormone creams delivers the hormones to the tissues similar to ovarian, testicular and adrenal release to the body.
BHRT are compounded by pharmacies and require a prescription from a Naturopathic Physician.
Benefits of Chelation
- Helps to prevent Arteriosclerosis (Hardening of the arteries)
- Helps to rejuvenate your cardiovascular system
- Helps to improve conduction in all degrees of AV heart block
- Helps to abolish extra heart beats, skipped beats and rapid heart beats
- Helps as a pre-operative preparation
- Helps remove lead and heavy metals from the system
- Reduces toxic lead and metal deposits and abnormal calcium deposits
- Reduces blood pressure and blood cholesterol
- Improves circulation
- Improves vision and hearing
- Improves liver function
- Improves skin texture and tone
- Helps prevent abnormal cross linking of molecules that age tissue
- Helps to relieve symptoms of senility by increasing circulation to the brain
- Helps to relieve hypoglycemia, phlebitis and scleroderma
- Dissolves fats in plaque lined arteries
- Helps make blood slippery and prevents abnormal blood clotting
- Helps increase tissue oxygenation
The Ultimate Question is: Can It Help You?
There is a relationship between unfriendly bacteria in the gastrointestinal tract and a multitude of health issues in the gastrointestinal tract. The gastrointestinal tract house 100 trillion cells, more then all the stars in the sky! A major part of you immune and nervous system resides in the gastrointestinal tract. Therefore, if there is an imbalance in the bacterial balance in the gastrointestinal tract, one is more susceptible to autoimmune diseases, fatigue, irritable bowel syndrome, inflammations, food sensitivities, nutritional deficiencies and intestinal permeability (also known as “leaky gut”).
A diet rich in fiber allows the beneficial bacteria in the gastrointestinal tract to break down the fiber into short chain fatty acids. These short chain fatty acids are fuel for the intestinal enterocytes, which are the cell lining in the gut.
Stool analysis is an invaluable non-invasive diagnostic assessment that allows the practitioner to objectively evaluate the status of beneficial and imbalanced microorganisms.
Antimicrobial susceptibility testing to prescriptive and natural agents is also performed for non-desirable organisms which allows for a targeted treatment.